Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Horses: A Passion of Mine

I thought I would write something different that I really enjoy. So here it is.

Horses, I love them. I love to watch them play in the fields, especially the babies. They chase each other around the field and when they jump all four feet come off the ground. They have mock fights and rear up like stallions. They play and play until they drop and then they sleep. Their mothers stand watch over them.

I love to watch horses eat. They are so content. It makes me feel relaxed and at peace. Taking their time they chew and work to get every last piece of grain. They lick the buckets clean and nibble along the edges. Then they look around for more on the ground. I love the way they wiggle their noses and work to get the grain and leave the dirt. They can empty half a bucket of water in three or four swallows. Then they are content to just stand with a back hoof cocked. They stand near each other some with their heads on each others back. Their ears are twitching back and forth listening to the sounds at twilight.

I love to come up and stand by them or lean against one, while watching the sun go down. It is such a quiet time of the day. When it becomes too dark to see the beautiful colors of sunset, I leave the horses but will return in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment