Thursday, January 28, 2010

I have been thinking about the plot of my novel. I am thinking about some of the books that I liked as a child, what the plots were and how the characters interacted. I remember having a very hard time learning to read. I was in the 7th grade when I picked up The Black Stallion by Walter Farley. I stumbled through it not knowing many of the words but I read it. Then I read it again. Since I love horses there was no way I wasn't going to read more about this horse. I read The Island Stallion and a few others by Mr.Farley. I was teaching myself to read and by the time I was in the 9th grade I was reading at a much higher reading level without any trouble.
I now read at least two books a month. I am usually reading two or three books at the same time. I have begun reading differently. I am looking at the plot and how the characters interact. I am thinking about the structure of the story. I am looking at the simplicity of good sentence structure and how a well written sentence keeps the story moving.
I look at my novel and realize that it has good and bad qualities. I have move on to fixing the bad and improving the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment